Tuesday, October 18, 2011

SIGNAGE


                                                          

I found this on Facebook and couldn't resist.  One person I would recommend highly is the truck driver who stayed right on my bumper as we traveled over Mount Eagle, in Tennessee, on the way home from Atlanta.  I was driving in the left lane, along with 6,311 other cars, as we passed slow moving trucks who huffed and puffed their way up and down the winding roads.  Apparently this truck was not as full and the driver was hell bent on going as fast as he could until he got to the next upward climb.  It was terrifying looking in the rear view mirror of my Mountaineer and seeing nothing but the grill of a 16 wheeler. It was white knuckle driving for a good 15 minutes.  I don't want anything bad to happen to him, just a little reminder that he is big and scaring us little people. Am I the only one who remembers the days when truck drivers were polite?  They flashed their lights when it was safe for you to come back into the lane after you passed them.  When your kid pumped his arm out the back window the truck driver would blast his air horn.  My son could occupy himself for hours seeing how many drivers would respond to him. Now when I'm on the road, I feel like it's me against them.  I miss those earlier times.  I wonder why things changed?





No comments:

Post a Comment