Thursday, April 19, 2012

A BORING LIFE

I'm not complaining about it, but really who wants to read about it?  I go to bed, get up, run errands, cook meals, go to the grocery, bank etc, watch grandchildren, try to make beads......repeat, rinse.  Looking back I think our lives go through cycles.  There are times of intense activity, when you don't have time to gather your wits, and then times of quiet  when your life settles into a comfortable routine.  One thing I've learned though, just when you start to feel normal with either life style something big comes along and pulls that rug out from under you, so I've kind of been waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I love the time with the grandchildren, but seriously, I forgot how busy they are! I've been fighting bronchitis all week so my energy level is low to begin with, but one smile from those little faces and I feel well again.  All in all life is good!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, this is weird...I thought I would stop by your blog and see what new beads you have posted and your post was like reading about ME! My husband and I, for the last 4 years or so, had that quiet little life and routine you were talking about, coffee in the boring, downstairs to make beads, errands, dinner, clean house on Saturday, watch some TV, etc. Nice. Then BOOM! Our 19 year old moves out (he was never home much anyway and when he was, he likes a nice quiet life, too) and our 24 year old son, newly separated, moves BACK into the house with our 2 & 3 year grand babies! BOOM is an understatement. Now life consists of trying to make beads when I can, baby-sitting, making meals, changing diapers, getting juice, etc etc etc...things I did when I was 24 and NOT what I was thinking I would doing at 49! Needless to say, we're POOPED! We adore our grand babies, but, I must say that our life is turned upside down for sure! You are NOT ALONE, Grandma!!! ~Lynn (you're one of the reasons I started making beads!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Lynn! It's really different isn't it? I don't remember my kids making so much noise :) The ones here in Louisville are 3,5, and 6 and very busy, but I love to listen to them talk to each other. They are so intense sometimes.
      Thanks for your sweet comment about my beads. I remember you from way back on Wet Canvas :)

      Delete