Monday, July 25, 2011

Simple Lessons

When I went to bed tonight there was a annoying fly buzzing around the room.  I tried chasing him for awhile, but let's face it, my aim is lousy.  When I was young my parents signed me up for a girl's baseball team.  It was the 50's, there weren't many sports for girls back then.  My dad was a runner, and a good one at that.  Actually I could run too, but that wasn't noticed or appreciated in girls in those days.  There were no girl's track teams.  So on this baseball team, one night I made all three outs in one inning.  It was disheartening.  I just had no eye hand coordination. I couldn't play ball then, nor apparently now kill flies. So anyhow, after chasing this fly around the bedroom for 15 min or so I decided to trap him in the bathroom.  Now our bathroom is little.  Our house was built in the 60's and although hubby and I had the bathrooms redone last year there in no way to add extra room where there isn't any.  So the fly and I played hide and seek for another 15 minutes or so.  I think I finally got him because he made me really mad when I knocked one of my glass beaded bracelets off the counter.  Two beads broke, but they weren't the glass ones, they were the ceramic ones that were used as spacers.  That made me kind of happy actually, well what really made me happy was finally disposing of said fly.  Then I was happy because MY handmade beads didn't break, and then I was even happier because I realized I did have good eye hand coordination after all, but it was just used more efficiently close up, like at bead making, not swinging heavy clubs of lumber at big white things that are being hurled at you, or trying to chase flies around a slippery bathroom with a rolled up piece of newspaper.  See you can learn something new about yourself every day, even when you're old.

No comments:

Post a Comment