Saturday, November 26, 2011

THE BEST PART

of the Thanksgiving holiday is family.  This year most of the second cousins were together for the family meal and they had a blast.  There were six of them between the ages of 2 and 6 and they blended immediately, first at the family gathering and then later, on play dates.  First cousins who hadn't seen each other in years were also busy playing catch up.  It was just a great, feel good day!
Our son and daughter in law spent time during their visit looking for a house while HB and I watched the grandchildren, who are busy, entertaining and sometimes very loud :).  I listened in amazement as my 2 year old granddaughter used the word "actually" in a sentence.  Her vocabulary is just mind blowing to me.
All in all it was a wonderful holiday, and now a sweet memory, I've locked away for a too quiet day in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment