Saturday, December 10, 2011

A VERY GOOD, WONDERFUL DAY

A friend of mine wore a piece of my handmade jewelry over to her friend Ann's place of business.  Ann owns a shop that has all kinds of unusual art from all over the world.  Ann fell in love with the necklace my friend was wearing and asked to see more of my things, so I took bracelets, necklaces and pendants over to her shop today.  In two hours that woman gave me my mojo back!  She loved everything I brought and kept it all.  She wanted to know all about lampworking, and was most interested in hollow beads and the silver glasses.  I left her place feeling so good, and renewed in my love for making beads.  Etsy and Ebay have not been good venues for selling beads recently and I only do two bead shows per year.  I was getting very discouraged about my abilities as a beadmaker ........and then along came Ann.  Some kind words, some positive reinforcement, some genuine appreciation for the art and my world turned around.  What a great day I had!  I celebrated with a Starbucks :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment