Saturday, December 31, 2011

TRYING TO WAKE UP NOW

Ok, I've rested for a few days and it's New Year's Eve Day so it's time to get in gear.  I always try to start the new year with some goals, not written in stone, but things I would like to accomplish.  Seems everyone wants to lose weight, exercise more, eat healthy things, and I am no exception, but there are other things I want to do too.  For one I want to be a kinder person.  I want to remember to try to see the world through the eyes of others and see if I can make a difference in some body's day.  Maybe it's just a smile, or holding a door open, or seeing some one's need and being able to fulfill it, without them knowing.  I want to appreciate what I have every single day, and I think for the most part I do that, but I complain about little things and I want to stop doing that.  So tonight I will be grateful for all that I have and tomorrow I will try to do my little bit about helping to make the world a better place for someone else.

PS  an aside unrelated to the above.  It has been brought to my attention that people are having trouble commenting.  If you want to comment just hit comment at the bottom of the blog you are reading.  A box will open on the left with a place to write your comment.  Choose either name or anonymous as who you are, you don't have to sign up for anything.  You don't even have to use your real or whole name if you choose Name.  After you have written your comment hit publish and there you are.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Harriet, That was a lovely New Year's goal. Inspirational. Your beads are gorgeous. Hope leaving this comment is successful. Love,Candy

    ReplyDelete