Monday, January 9, 2012

A NEW OBSESSION AND A PLEA


 Since my beadmaking skills seems to have taken a hiatus I have taken up a new interest.  I learned to knit when I was a teenager, but stopped a long time ago.  This winter I decided to try it again.  It happened when I found Noro yarns, which are multi colored and make the most simple object look amazing.   This is a scarf I'm making for myself.  It fulfills my need for color and and keeping my hands busy.  It's almost 6 feet long. I was surprised at how quickly I could pick up my knitting skills, but I still have bead block and it is driving me crazy.   I've tried everything, getting out pictures of old beads and remaking them, looking at beads I like and attempting to put my own twist on them,  restricting myself to just a couple of colors.  trying tutorials.  I'm just stuck. So I knit, and knit.......and knit, but my heart wants to make beads.....good beads, pretty beads.....oh sweet mojo, please come back.




1 comment:

  1. I had to smile at your post...I, too, picked up knitting again recently and made a scarf for my daughter for Christmas with noro yarn. (great minds think alike??) Mine was two different skeins of noro in a stripe pattern. Now, I've started a second one and am still enjoying knitting.... Hope your bead making mojo comes back. I know what you mean with that, too. Mine seems to be stuck in a rut as well. May be bead gods be good to both of us, but in the meantime, knit away!!

    Best to you, Harriet!!
    P.S. I've always loved your work!!!

    ReplyDelete