Wednesday, February 15, 2012

THIS IS A GOOD, GOOD DAY

I've been waiting for this day for a long time.  I wondered if it would ever happen.  There was talk about it several years ago, but plans changed.  I've been holding my breath for the last several months, even when he started his own company and took on a project up here, even when they sold their house in Georgia, I still wouldn't let myself believe it.  Then they rented a house here in Louisville....and tomorrow(well, actually today, since I am writing this after midnight) the moving truck is coming to their house in Georgia.  By tonight I should have three of my grandchildren in my house as they wait for their furniture to arrive.  My son, his wife and their children are actually moving to Louisville.  Since I retired and HB has been sick I have really felt like I haven't had a whole lot of purpose in life.  I think that's going to change and I am so looking forward to it.  There will be baseball games, horseback riding lessons, ballet, and just pick ups from preschool and kindergarten.  I need to be needed again.  I want to read stories and play games and explore unknown places.  I want to do the things with my grandchildren that I never seemed to have the time to do with my children.  I want our grandson from St Louis to come spend time with his cousins.  HB and I love being with all of them.  I think this is going to be a real change in our lives, but a good change.  I am smiling as I am writing this.

2 comments: