Saturday, February 11, 2012

OH THE PAIN

So yesterday HB and I were out running some errands on a cold and rainy day.  I asked him to stop at Starbucks before we went home and while I ran in he was reading the car manual of the "car that confuses us."  I was feeling good as I left the store.  Meredith (yes, I know their names) had made me an extra thick mocha frapp and it was so big she had to put a dome lid on it.  I was admiring it's beauty as I left the store.  This caused me to forget that there was a cement curb that I needed to step OVER on my way to the car.  BAM, in a nano second I did a perfect face plant.  If it had been an Olympic event I would have received 10's across the board.  My nose even hit exactly on center as it was pushed back into my head.  As I picked my head up, the first thing I saw was my beautiful frappacino spread in a fan like design across the blacktop in front of me...and then the pain struck.  My nose and my right knee were on fire and I was lying in a puddle of cold, cold water.  I could not get up.  I banged on the side of the car.....nothing.  I banged again, still nothing.  I managed to get to my knees and pull myself up by the side view mirror.  There was HB sitting in the car reading the damn manual.  He looked up startled and came to my rescue.  I was kinda mad when he said "I was wondering what that pounding was?" Well, actually more than kinda, but the pain overruled everything at that point.  Several hours later and lots of ice and Tylenol and there was no major damage, just bruises and sore joints.

Today I am just a mass of aches and sore spots.  Nothing rest and Tylenol won't fix. HB has been informed that it is necessary to get out of the car and investigate all pounding sounds when I am with him.  I hope I don't have to find out if he remembers this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment