Sunday, February 19, 2012

OMG, I AM OLD

Today is day three of watching my three youngest grandchildren.  They are 6, 5 and 2 1/2 and busy, busy, busy. The youngest, a girl spilled her drink a total of 4 times just today before I could get to Target for some sippy cups.  Sometimes the spills were OJ,... very sticky.  They call me Happy and most of the time I am, until today when I found a melted Popsicle on my bedside table.  Popsicle's are to be eaten in the kitchen or in the room with hardwood floors, not in Happy's bedroom.  Not only was the Popsicle a melted mess of goo, it's essence had been absorbed by the oldest GrD's Junie B Jones' new book.  Oldest GrD was not amused, neither was Happy. Youngest GrD did not see the error of her ways, but she is just 2 and 1/2 as she will proudly tell you This mishap required an immediate trip to Barnes and Noble to replace said book...and guess what? (Junie B says guess what a lot) There were other Junie B  books there that were calling GrD's name...and of course we couldn't leave without a book for the other two, even the Popsicle Offender.

I am so loving the time with them, but oh am I old.  I am in denial that I will be 68 this Wed.  I awake in the morning and my joints are very unhappy and they complain when I try to move them.  I have to spend a lot of time stretching and convincing my body that it really does want to get up.  Then I have to take two Tylenol (On blood thinners so no Motrin for me) and a really hot shower.  With the grandchildren here things don't necessarily go in that order :).  I wouldn't trade it for anything though.  This is a little bit of heaven that not all grandparents get.

Oh dear......guess what we just found that SHE (she being the Popsicle offender, of course)
 did?  Here's a picture and it's permanent marker, in case you are wondering.  She found it in a desk drawer.  Clever isn't she?  Now what was I saying about not trading them?




But look at that face  

                                                                                                             

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain...but laughed out loud....and just look at that face!
    Enjoy the kids. You know I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cut it out and frame it for when she grow up and crochet a replacement patch lol
    One of those ooops moments hey? x

    ReplyDelete