I am disappointed. i really wanted to be a part of this study. After talking to my brother in law, he and Dr. M. decided that for now I will be given a weekly injection of the drug already on the market, which slows the disease process down. I will have another CT scan in about two months. If my condition has worsened I would then be a candidate for the new experimental drug study. However there still would be no promise that I would get the drug instead of the placebo.
I did learn I have to start sleeping with oxygen because my oxygen level goes too low while I am sleeping. All of the symptoms plus signs of scaring on my lungs, and two people say I don’t have enough evidence of IPF so they keep me out of the study. I have to believe there is a reason.