Tuesday, September 27, 2011

THE BEAD BLUES

I'm in a bead funk.  The bead to the right is my best effort in days and while it's okay it didn't lead anywhere.  Sometimes, when I make beads, one thing leads to another and before I know it I have a bunch of bead ideas rolling around in my head....recently, not so much.
 I made these beads last week and they are on ebay with a bid, but they didn't take me anywhere either.  One of the problems for me as a beadmaker is that there is no dark pink opaque glass in rod form.  Well, there is one, but it has personality problems.  It devits, meaning it gets scummy and loses it's prettiness, and pinkiness.  We beadmakers call it evil devitrifying purple.  It's a fuchsia pink and so lovely in rod form, until you put it in the flame. There are light pinks and transparent pinks, but I always want what I can't have.
My good news is that my sister is coming for a three day visit.  We don't get to see each other very often since she lives in DC and I live in Ky. So I'm putting the bead funk on the back burner for awhile and enjoying my time with my Sissy!

2 comments:

  1. YAY I got through to you..........I think??
    Enjoy the time with your sister.
    Mary C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Mary you did it !!!! Thanks so much
    H

    ReplyDelete