Wednesday, October 5, 2011

THE BEAD FAIRY


Sometimes she's good to me and other times she eludes me for weeks.  Where does creativity go?  There are nights when my mind can't think fast enough about the beads I want to make, and then weeks go by without a spark of inspiration.  I use quilting books and fabrics as tools sometimes,  I might have an idea about what I want to make when I sit down at my torch, but usually that's not what I end up making.  Often where I intend to go with the glass is not where I end up.  The beads at the left were just going to be two or three colors when I started making the discs, but before I knew it I was thinking of Fiestaware and all these colors wanted to be beads...see, the bead fairy, she had a hold on me.  I always work at night, usually from 8pm until 2 or 3 am.  I'm just a night owl and honestly I don't even begin to feel human until about 4 in the afternoon.  I like working at night.  The phone doesn't ring, Honey Bunny is doing his own thing, it's just me and the torch.....and an occasional moth or bug, who insists on flying through the flame.  Now that can scare the creativity out of anyone!  Anyway, maybe for a little while I will be able to make some beads that I like.  That would sure be a welcome feeling.

                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment